The Pagan behind the Meditations

Hello Readers, 

    I would like to take this post for you to get to know me a bit better. My name is James but you've might have met me in one of my many guises across the internet, one of the most prolific being: "Sinfultictac". In fact, about a decade ago I ran a Youtube channel with the name, which was mostly Pagan related content. In many ways, this blog is a continuation of that channel just with more focus and an actual goal before I get to that let me expand on who I am. 
     I consider myself a pagan and polytheist as one of the chief things of my identity, having been a pagan for about ~14 years give or take a couple of months. I have explored a lot of religions that fit under the "Big tent of Paganism" but mostly I have stayed with Hellenismos or Hellenic Polytheism. Mostly because the ritual format makes sense to my being and I agree with the ethos of the faith. I also appreciate that the Romans and Hellenes had the forethought to write things down, which allows the contemporary member of the faith to have a better springboard to discuss complex issues that surround faith, the self, ethics, and society. 
   That being said I have explored a lot and due to the multifaith nature of my family and friends, I have been flexible in what holidays I host and attend and thus consider myself a member also what I called "The American Pagan Tradition. This compounded with my minor in Religious Studies and my general love of religious exploration will make me seem verbose in some topics, hence the mediations. 
    The mediations were started as an outlet for all my thoughts concerning all of the religions that fell inside or close to the "big tent of paganism". Little bite-size reminders of "I can think about this more later". Many of them have been talked about by other pagan blogs but I wanted to start writing my own take. This blog is to explain and expand on each meditation, to meditate on them. Then to organize all of them into topics and then hopefully publish them into a book. That is the focus and final goal of this blog. I hope you come along with me and explore some of these topics 





Comments

Popular Posts